Monday, December 27, 2010

WDYDWYD?

It;s such a simple question. But such a difficult answer to give.

Why do you do what you do?

It's not just about knowing what you, it's also knowing about your reasons.

I tried to use it in conversations with total strangers. I asked them why they're doing what they do. Most of the times, the answer is 'because it's my job', of 'just because'. But that's not the point. One can be apart from the other. Mostly, the answer has to do with income, a job. But that can be something different from what it really is that you're doing, and why you're doing that.
You can clean toilets every day, but still just be focussed on giving people some comfort, no matter how. Or you can be an important lawyer but actually, you just want to have fun. Everything is possible.
Just asking this question can get you some terrific answers. And even better conversations.

Online, there are innumarable photo's, collages and cards on which people try to answer this question as honest as possible. I recently heard about it when my friend J edited the video you can find below. At Burning Man, the same artist was asking the same question. It took me days to come up with a good answer. And I'm not sure if I would answer the same thing if you'd ask me know.

I can only ask you: why do YOU do what you do?



Js stop-motion video:





Find more videos like this on wdydwyd?

No comments:

Post a Comment