Monday, November 15, 2010

Countdown

When summer is over and normal life takes over, when the air is getting colder again and the wind blows over the canals, when the supermarkets are filled up with sweets and other Christmas stuff, and when those awfull winter feelings start spreading and people start talking about new years eve parties... then there is this one special event that brings light to my life, before I dwell in those short, cold days that will rule life for the next months.

The IDFA is about to start.
The IDFA brings, in dark film venues, inspiration, adventure, reality and amazement. For ten days, I will sink into my chair, with a bag filled with everything I need (water, something to eat, something to drink, an extra scarf and of course pen and paper) and I’ll travel the world. And even though I can’t wait and I’m counting down the days, before the IDFA starts, there is this other great moment; the arrival of the program.
With a pot of tea, a pen and a sharpie, I’m going to sit down and read for hours. I read every description of every film, and use my special rating system for the flms I want to see, need to see and must see. And then the puzzle starts... Which film is screened when and how can I fit it into my efficient schedule that includes rehearsals, courses and yoga.
IDFA is opening up its archive and so I stumbled upon a nice film that was shown during one of the previous festivals: Peter en Ben. A film about a special friendship..

No comments:

Post a Comment